The Bryant Center
The SCVRD Bryant Center provides vocational rehabilitation services for residents of the Lyman area as well as specialized vocational services for those residents and others from Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg and Union counties, as needed.
Upstate citizens with disabilities receive services tailored to their needs, designed to reduce barriers to independence and help them achieve competitive employment.
Clients at the local office will receive a vocational assessment, career planning, an individualized plan for employment, counseling and guidance, and job placement assistance. Other services include supported employment, Job Retention Services and access to our residential substance-abuse treatment centers.
Specialized services include occupational therapy, physical therapy, pain management, brain injury services, rehabilitation engineering, a prosthetics and orthotics clinic, computer training and nutritional counseling to help clients explore and develop their vocational strengths and abilities.
The Pain Management Program uses a behavior modification approach to help clients learn to successfully cope with chronic pain.
The Vocational Conditioning Program features physical therapy, occupational therapy and individualized exercise and nutrition plans that will help overcome physical limitations and increase physical stamina needed to meet the demands of a job.
The Rehabilitation Technology Program addresses the physical barriers to employment and uses an engineering approach to help clients overcome them.
The Information Technology Training Program prepares clients for entry-level positions in computer-related occupations and assists with job placement services.
The Brain Injury Program helps clients with brain injuries identify barriers to employment and develop behavioral and compensatory strategies to improve their work-related performance.
Individuals who attend the Bryant Center should expect to:
- Develop a better understanding of their challenges and how they affect employment
- Learn to visualize potential and maximize capabilities
- Identify a vocational objective and develop an individualized plan for employment
- Improve their self-esteem
- Receive soft-skills training
- Obtain the skills to get a job
- Receive WorkKeys training if appropriate
- Receive basic computer training if necessary
- Receive coordinated services from other agencies
- Be prepared for and achieve competitive employment
The community should expect the Bryant Center to:
- Provide comprehensive information regarding all services available through the SC Vocational Rehabilitation Department
- Develop programs that meet the needs of individuals with disabilities who want to work
- Provide school-to-work transition services for eligible students
- Partner with other organizations to help coordinate and complement services in the community
For more information, contact
888-322-9391 (toll free)
The Bryant Center is located at 180 Groce Road in Lyman, between Greenville and Spartanburg.