Vendor terms & conditions
By accepting this authorization, the vendor agrees as follows:
- The SC Vocational Rehabilitation Department (SCVRD) will only pay for services and/or goods as described on the authorization and according to a pre-set fee schedule when applicable.
- Authorizations for medical services cover preoperative, operative, and post operative care in keeping with CPT Codes and Medicare Part B reimbursement guidelines for the specified service. Treatment that occurs after the follow-up period must have a new authorization. If unforeseen circumstances require unauthorized services, the SCVRD representative should be notified immediately for approval.
- Reports on medical and surgical procedures, pathology reports, and physician’s reports must be submitted before fees are paid. Patients are not responsible for co-payments in conjunction with this authorization; however, if the patient’s insurance pays a higher fee, the insurance payment should be accepted in lieu of SCVRD payment. By accepting this authorization, you agree not to bill the patient nor accept contributions from the patient.
- Authorizations for vocational training will be paid only if the trainee is present for the training and the trainer submits regular progress reports to SCVRD. If the trainee is absent for more than three days during any one month or discontinues training, the SCVRD representative should be notified immediately.
- In all cases, authorized services must be provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in accordance with federal and state law (Title VI and VII, Civil Rights Act Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990).
- An original copy of the invoice for authorized services and/or goods purchased must be sent to the invoice address on the purchase order. The date the service was rendered or the goods purchased must be shown on the invoice. Invoices for services rendered or goods purchased during a fiscal year must be received no later than 10 days after the close of the fiscal year on June 30.
- Questions regarding payment should be directed to:
South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Finance Department
- Questions regarding fees, codes, and procedures should be directed to: